Digital News-Project Evaluation
It is difficult for me to complete this project evaluation as I was not included in all aspects of the group project. I reflect on this further in the group evaluation.
At the beginning of term, when we were given the task, I worked with the original group on developing our idea. Then when the groups were rearranged, I joint another group who already had agreed on an idea and I had no opportunity to influence this and none of my original research was relevant. I feel that transition could have been handled better to give all students the same chance. From day 1 of the project, I was not involved in team discussions and was not really allocated any tasks so it is hard for me to reflect on my role in the project and what worked/ didn’t work. I was asked to be responsible for lighting for the shoot but then told I wasn’t needed. On shoot day, I tried to help out with the green screen shot was wasn’t given the chance and was asked by the group to leave the room so I was not able to participate in the shoot.
I independently went out and shot b-roll footage of a vape shop front for this shoot I prepared a risk assessment to be able to shoot in public. On reflection on the whole project, the group dynamics were of course very difficult. I feel that I tried to integrate and offer to help but I was not welcome. Overall, I feel that I was set up to fail this unit by not being included in the process. In future being included in the early stages of planning would put me at a much better position and would help with working with a group.
Comments
Post a Comment